Hounsome Record Researcher
- RockRom CD ROM Features
- Search by Artist, Album/Single Title, Track, Musician, Record Company and
- Lists all the known releases, musicians and tracks for any featured Artist.
- Previous 500 searches listed to choose from
- Discover which musicians played on which albums or what album contained
a particular track
- Tracks and musicians are shown in full searches automatically as you scroll
through the records.
- Searches are simple to use in RockRom . You only have to type part of either
their first name, last name, or even a nickname, and a list of names to choose
- Quickly sort and filter the data after the search.
- You can sort on any field by double clicking on the column header
- Print a list of Album and/or Single titles for any featured artist, Musician,
track or record Label.
- List of related searches that you can choose from including Various artist
when selected. For example you can find all the known recordings by the Beatles
and find that Eric Clapton Played Guitar on the Beatles White Album. You then
can automatically search for artist Eric Clapton and discover that Ry Cooder
played guitar on "Money & Cigarettes". You can then look at
all the known recordings by Ry Cooder and discover that Jim Keltner played
drums on Alamo Bay. Search for Jim Keltner as a musician and you will be shown
the nearly 800 known releases that Jim has played on. One of which Is George
Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh which also Include Eric Clapton and so on.
- Add records from your own collection. RockRom is a complete record cataloguing
and management package with most of the data already present.
- All data you add will be shown in ALL the main searches.
- Make up your 'owned' and 'wants' lists by marking the records with a couple
of mouse clicks notes about your collection.
- View, amend, sort and print your lists.
- Search for all the tracks in the database that match your "owned"
- Add other items to these "owned " records such as the price you
paid, the current value, your own reference, date of purchase, and where you
- The owned data can be copied and used in other programs that can read or
import from .dbf so that you can format it your own way to print it out etc
- Search for up to four musicians or artists at the same time. This is useful
if you want to follow an artist through different bands or compare records
by a group of musicians. For instance you can search for Spirit, Randy California,
Jo Jo gunne and Jay Ferguson at the same time.
- Add and correct functions have been improved and simplified.
- Help and hints files are available by either pressing the F1 function key
or in various places in the program I have put buttons with a "?"
symbol. Right clicking on many of the buttons will also pop up the relevant
help file. I have made these hints in a database table so that they run from
within the program. They also can be changed and added to as needed. (I do
listen and take action on feedback whenever I can)
- Select an item and rightclick with you mouse and the relevant window appears
with the possible functions.
- I have removed any need to have the artists name added first Various artists
have been incorporated into the main database (with some extra Info)
- Adding the artist and tracks now is just a matter of keying the info and
pressing the finish button. If you make any mistakes adding new data you can
change it right away. All new and corrected data is added to the main files
on the hard disk.
- A new backup and restore program is supplied. and will copy any new or
changed items to a new subfolder (with the data and a number). You can zip
or copy this data as often as you need to for safe keeping. You can send these
backup files so that I can store them for you all you need to do is zip up
the subfolder and e-mail it me with your name. I will then back it up, ( I
keep back up copies off site as well as here)
- Most of the display windows can be sorted in either ascending or descending
order by double clicking / Rightclicking on the column header.
- Apart from your Owned list you can now add up to 10 different sets of "lists"
for different projects all ten can be either viewed separately or together.
All material on this site including any downloads or other files are
© copyright of Terry Hounsome Record Researcher Publications and
may not be copied or used with for any other purpose without the express
written permission of the copyright holder,
All Data should only be used from within the rockrom program for personal
use, Except customers owned data that they have added which is the copyright
of the customer.
terry hounsome, record researcher publications,rockrom, rock record,
recordFile, rockfile, single file, data, music database, record directory,
ultimate record collection 2001
Terry Hounsome Record Researcher Publications
Ewyn Y Don Sarnaa Llandysul UK SA44 6QA Tel 01239 654414